Tuesday, July 19, 2011

New Additions to the Running Mix

I'm sure many of you do this to.  You hear a really good song on the radio or somewhere else and think, "This has to go into my running mix!"  I'm constantly on the hunt for more songs to run to.  So I thought I'd do an update on songs I've found for running and maybe you guys can share some songs too so we can all have some awesome music to run to.

"Dynamite" by Taio Cruz:  I heard this one night when I did some Zumba and thought it would be good for running.  A good strong beat and it makes you wanna move!

"Rolling in the Deep" by Adele:  For whatever reason, this songs always helps me out when I feel like stopping.  Wonderful beat, but maybe it's because it's got a strong female voice.  Who knows, but it keeps me going.

"Grenade" by Bruno Mars:  I quite enjoy this artist because of his voice, but this particular songs is great because of it's beat and tempo.

"Pain" by Jimmy Eat World:  I've had this song in my collection for many years but hadn't heard it in a while.  Thank goodness for the shuffle option on my iPod that played this song for me one day.  I immediately thought, "Running!"

"Iridescent" by Linkin Park:  I used to not like Linkin Park and some of there songs still rub me the wrong way, but this one is really cool.  It kind of starts out slow, but it works up into a frenzy that is perfect for running.

"Walls" by Manic Drive:  I heard this on the radio and immediately turned up the bass on it while in the car.  That right there tells you it's a great running song.

"Test Drive" by John Powell from the soundtrack of "How To Train Your Dragon."  OKay, so this may seem weird to add a song like this, but I was watching the movie the other day with my girls and there is the part where Hiccup is doing a test run with Toothless with his new prosthetic tail.  The score during this part made me want to jump up and go running, so I'm adding it to my mix.  Sidenote:  If you haven't seen this movie, rent it now!


So there are my new additions.  Most of them are up for sampling on my playlist located at the bottom of this blog.  Please comment with maybe 2 or 3 of your favorites currently blasting in your ears while you run!

3 comments:

Jani said...

A little off-the-wall comment: Why isn't my picture up on the "members" wall?

Anna said...

You haven't added a pic of yourself to our profile.

Kristan said...

Here are some other awesome Zumba songs that I like to use for running as well…
Krazy (Pitbull)
I Know you want me (Pitbull)
Waka Waka (Shakira)
Dance & Shout (Shaggy & Peewee)
Say Hey (Michael Franti & Spearhead)
Breakin Dishes (Rihanna)
La Bomba (King Africa)