Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Holy Bad Blogger, Batman!

It's been OVER a month since I last posted.  Almost every single thought I've had in the last 2 months has been about my ward's Christmas party that I was put in charge of.  Add tutoring an ever growing list of students to that, and you might not be too surprised at how often I've posted on this blog as of late.  With the Christmas party over and done, I'm back to this blog.  I don't really know what to write.  As far as running goes, I can count on one hand how many times I've been running in the last two months.  I have been exercising though.  I knew that running would be hard to do because of wicked time constraints, so I broke out my old Crunchless Abs videos, which I LOVE.  I've also been to a few Zumba classes, I sprint, literally, between errands to try and burn a few more when I can.  I'm on the hunt for a cheap treadmill too.  Although I hate treadmill running, I need to just realize that when it's not summer, this is what I have to do.  It's not about the winter, it's about how absolutely crazy my life becomes as soon as the first leaf falls.  I do have a spare 30 minutes every once in a while and that's just enough time to get a decent workout on a treadmill.  The hunt continues. 
I did go to a winter running seminar.  It was great and got me really pumped to go winter running.  However, I really don't have the time to run outside, so my pumped attitude rapidly declined.  But then I remembered something from the seminar that I could do.  They talked about winter being a time to maintain and to tone.  So that is what I'm doing.  I am maintaining the muscles I grew over the summer by doing things like my Crunchless Abs videos, which by the way do way more than just abs.  One workout with those videos and muscles you never knew you had are aching.  I'm maintaining my stamina and my cardio fitness by doing Zumba.  So as soon as I get my treadmill, I'm going to work on my pacing and my speed.  So it's all good. And somehow, I've even dropped a few inches and gone down a pant size. 
Winter is winter and being pressed for time is being pressed for time.  I can't change my circumstances, but I can work around them.  That is part of my running story.

No comments: